Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 2 février 2018

PERFECTION ALWAYS STARTS WITH MISTAKES






Thanks a lot for all your sweet comments and mails about my dogs, but please stop congratulating them and raving about all their silly antics, otherwise they'll get a big head, and then who knows who will rule the roost at home...

Anyway, to show you that nodoggy is perfect, let me tell you a few titbits about my two furry budies.

Jolux was the first dog to paw into my life. That adorable cocker melted my heart immediately, and my expectations of becoming a dog-trainer, as well.
He turned into a real livewire as soon as ...we were away (even for just a quarter).
He could remove a fitted carpet in no time, turn court shoes into sandals, scan the mail slided under the door, and then tear it to pieces to stick to the idiom " No news, good news ".
To crown it all, when growing old he turned badly and became a first-rate counter surfer able to magic away any food left unattended on the counter.

So, when we homed Charlie, a shelter dog, we were somehow ready to face " the dog's awkward age trouble ".
Actually, he never played havoc with our everyday life.
Yet, after going through a lot of rough patches with two previous owners, he had kept his fighting spirit, and it took him a quarter to defeat my Hoover, leaving his so-called opponent wireless before the costly brand-new appliance could celebrate his second week anniversary.

By the time Indy arrived in our place, I was no longer a dog-lover, but a dogaholic, which means ready to be adopted by any dog whatever the silly antics that furry baby would play.
But Indy was as good as gold, and I still miss the halcyon days we spent together.
The only snag was that she accepted to be taken for a walk only by her close relatives (Dearhubby, the children and me ).
When anybody else tried to, she usually followed reluctantly for five minutes, and then, all of a sudden, she laid on her back, paws up, and refused to budge an inch. The poor volunteer dog-walker had to drag her back home(Indy still lying on her back) under the dumbfounded gaze of passers-by.

Jolux, Charlie and Indy passed away long ago, but their silly antics are still stardust memories.
Now, I have to deal with Ulysse and Canaille,my two furry babies, and believe me, writing this post with Ulysse walking his leash all around my desk, and Canaille putting squeaky toys and tennis balls on my lap is not a piece of cake,but ....I love them to the moon and back!!





1 commentaire: