Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 14 décembre 2018

RECIPE FOR A MOUTH-WATERING XMAS TREE








Early December I started planning for Xmas and its main attraction : the Xmas tree.
As I was fed up with all the glittering balls and tinsel garlands I had been hanging on years after years, I decided to bring in a change and make a mouth-watering Xmas tree.
For once it wouldn't be just eyed greedily, but " harvested " cheerfully!

All throughout the countdown to December 24, there are plenty of Xmas markets around, so it didn't take me long to get beautifully wrapped candy canes and sweet-smelling treats.



Waow, this year my Xmas tree would be the cream of the crop!

Then, I thought that it would look tastier if I added a few touches of my own, and that's when things went wrong!

I followed step by step a tuto on how to prepare a popcorn garland, and as I am a bit of a klutz, it took me the whole afternoon to make it, but unfortunately...just half-an-hour to munch it!



Was I feeling guilty afterwards? Guilty, not really, but heavy, for sure.
Believe me, digesting a one meter crunchy popcorn garland is not that easy!


The day after, to make up for my pre-Xmas binge eating, I baked a dozen gingerbread men and then hung them immediately on the Xmas tree.
I resisted their sweet eyes and sugary smiles, and went to bed with a sense of accomplishment.



Too good to be true! Yesterday when I got downstairs, the Xmas tree was lying on the floor and all the gingerbread men had taken a French leave!
My dog was curled up in his basket and his guilty eyes and the gingerbread crumbs on his nose and all around let me think that if the saying " Like father, like son " is true, then " Like owner, like dog " must be true, too!

Well, there are still some days left before Xmas, so I won't give up, cause I am a tough cookie.

Cookie? A delicious decoration for my Xmas tree! Here is the link for a recipe. Enjoy and share.

http://www.sweet2eatbaking.com/speculoos-christmas-decoration-cookies-recipe/

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire