Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 4 janvier 2019

CONFESSIONS OF A TONGUE-IN-CHEEK QUEEN




Even though my "crime" has expired, it is still sitting in my mind (and on my stomach,as well), cause I let an innocent man be accused, and thus nearly  ruined his reputation.
I have been dragging that burden for too long and I can't bear it any longer.
Time has come to tell the truth and come what may…

I can't remember the year it happened, but the day, for sure!
It was on January 6th, the day when in France we eat Galette des Rois
(King's Cake).
That delicious frangipane tart contains a porcelain bean and whoever finds it in their slice becomes King or Queen for the day with the option to choose a royal partner.

At the time I was a newbie in a company, and to be honest, I was quite shy and awkward.
So, when the secretary told me that at lunch-time the boss would treat us with a yummy Galette des Rois, my tastebuds started wriggling, but then I remembered the dreadful option : choosing a royal partner, and kissing him.
Jeez, if I got the bean, I would abdicate immediately rather than crown and kiss any guy of the company (remember, I was a newbie there!).

I guess, there's no hiding from a fate, cause, of course, I got the bean.

Abdicating would not have been politically correct, so I decided to hide the bean inside my cheek.
While the rest of the staff was complaining about the scatterbrained baker who had forgotten to put a bean inside his cake, I kept silent.
Actually, I was too busy holding the bean prisoner. 
That made me look like a well-fed hamster, but what would have happened if I had swallowed the bean?
Well, I guess I would have spilled the beans, but nothing of that sort happened.

So, years after I still have that damned bean and it is a royal pain, just like a proof of my crime of lese-majesty!

Anyway, now that I have told you my pretty little lie, I feel relieved, cause a fault confessed is half  redressed, isn't  it?

xoxo from the Bean Queen.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire