Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 11 janvier 2019

DOG IDIOMS





Hi everydoggy,





My name is Canaille. I am an English Springer Spaniel and Perky, this blog's owner is my mom.

Today I really feel miserable, cause it is an off day. I mean, no cuddle, no belly rubbing, no "fetch the ball" game, and, even worse, Perky keeps telling me to keep quiet because she is behind with her work.

Behind with her work? My paw!*
It is a "the dog ate my homework" excuse!

Actually, she has eaten too much and now she is as sick as a dog, and let me tell you that the idiom proves true.
I remember last time I indulged myself with a pack of toffees Perky had left on her desk, I was awfully sick (and sticky, as well). 


Perky had just mopped the kitchen floor, so, not to ruin her hard work, I rushed to the living-room and threw up on the carpet, and you know what!

When she saw her toffee-coated carpet, she said she was sick!
Poor girl!
Couldn't be  because of the toffees, cause I had gobbled all of them, wrapping papers included!
So, what was she sick of?

Then, when I saw the way she frowned at me, it dawned on me that she was sick of me! 
Yes, guys, sick of ME,the most affectionate and devoted friend she's ever had!! What a blow!

That's the only time I have had a bone to pick with Perky and that's how I understood the real meaning of the idiom "A dog's life".

Of course, there must be other idioms that prove true, but I am too dog tired to keep writing, so let the sleeping dog lie.

Have a pawesome day!

Your cuddly Canaille.




* For non-dog speaking readers, "my paw" means "my foot".

PS : By the way, how many idioms have you found in my post?

1 commentaire: