Articles les plus consultés

lundi 27 juillet 2015

MUFFINS STORY


CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX


Since last week I've been wondering what to write for my sixth month 
blogiversary. I guess I must be enjoying a purple patch as you are more
and more numerous to read my posts. So, thanks a lot to all of you !

When I started this blog, it was not a snap decision. I had been raving about
a countless number of blogs for months, I had even subscribed to some of them, but I was none the wiser. Whenever I was about to type the very first words of my blog to-be, suddenly I felt like a deer in the headlights : a whirl
of nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs flashed through my mind, but faded
away as soon as my fingertips touched my computer keyboard !
Writer's block, you say ? Not in the least ! Yellow belly would have fitted me better ! To be honest, I'm hard-wired to be self- critical, and that's the reason why I thought I would never be able to take the plunge.

Then, one day, while scouring the blogosphere, I came across a sentence which was somehow a trigger. It said :

" Just because you can doesn't mean you should. "

Just to be awkward, I changed it into :

" Just because you can't doesn't mean you shouldn't. "

And that's how the Adventures of Dany The Perky Busy Bee began.

Since then, all throughout the previous chapters, you may have found me sometimes perky and busy, others corny and mawkish, but above all
greedy ! Right ?
My fault. my Fault. This is all my Fault ! I must admit it !

Yet, I strive to get rid of that shortcoming. As I have already told you,
I've subscribed to some blogs, especially one about healthy lifestyle.
I receive free daily tips to keep fit and in good shape. Yesterday piece of
advice was :

Don't fill up on bread, no matter how good !

OMG, has Mr Google fixed a spy camera in the kitchen ? To send me that kind of warning, he must have caught me red-handed ! 

You know, while preparing meals, I can't help grabbing a bite and tasting my favourite baker's delicious bread varieties. It's a tasty  ( but not really tasteful*) way to wait till lunch or dinner is ready. I love any bread : it is
an easy-going food you can match with any others : butter, jam, honey, cold cuts, cheese and so on...

Unfortunately, filling up with bread means getting muffin tops and in Summer
that's the biggie !
Well, never mind ! Whatever your problem is, there's always a solution on the
Net. The petty tip I received from my so-called friendly coach blogger didn't bug me long !
I changed sides and decided to put my life in another blogger's hands who says :

" Muffins are a wonderful treat and dragging their name through the 
mud in the pursuit of body negativity is defamatory. Plus, if you buy different pants, your imaginary muffin tops will probably disappear. "

I am looking forward to her next tip !!

* tasty and tasteful have different meanings. Check in :

http://dictionnaire.reverso.net/anglais-français