Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 18 août 2017

DOGS CAN SPEAK !









Hi everybody,



One more time, Canaille, your favourite wannabe blogging dog is on line, ready to share his adventures with you and make you crack a smile.

I hope that wherever you are and whatever you are doing, everything is hunky-dory for you and all the ones you love.

This week, Perky, this blog's owner and my Mum,as well, is still having a blast with her friends, so a good opportunity for me to ask you something that has been bugging me since I was a puppy.

Have you ever tried to learn a foreign language ?
Yes ? Great ! Then, you must know how infuriating slow and frustrating it can be !




Reading, listening and writing have their own challenges, but speaking is by far the most difficult skill to master.
Well, at least, that's what I experience day after day.
And yet, I have a private tutor ! 
Yes, guys, a private tutor ! Classy, isn't it ?
You know her. Her name is Perky Busy Bee (my Mum), but you can call her Perky for short.

As a dog mom, she is second to none. She is a dogaholic, so I never run out of cuddles,ear scratches and belly rubs. 



Halcyon days for ever, so nothing to complain about.

But, as a private tutor, jeez, words fail me ! Yeah, you can say that again !

Since my puppyhood we have had countless one-to-one lessons, but after hours of awkward and strenuous conversations with Perky, I am none the wiser !
Don't get me wrong ! I'm not dumb, and Perky knows her stuff, but ...please, keep this to yourself, maybe she is a tad too demanding.

I guess that sometimes she forgets I started from scratch.
No kidding, when Perky and Sugardaddy brought me back home, I was an absolute beginner.



I could just yap and whine to show my excitement to be with my new foster pack, far smaller than the litter I came from, but friendly and cheerful, though.
Unfortunately, Perky was not that bright at puppy-talk and she thought I was a crybaby !




I quickly realized that my casual babbling was effortless,but apparently gibberish.
I was feeling like an expat striving to break through the language barrier. No way to take refuge and stay comfy in the expat bubble : not a single four-pawed buddy in the place !

Anyway, I needed to honour my breed and show how sociable, outgoing and smart English Springer Spaniels are !

Oops ,...tooting my own horn again, sorry, my furry fellows, no offense meant !
None taken ? Thanks a lot, you're so understanding and easy-going !

But let's get back to the topic in hand, I mean, learning a foreign language.

So, I pushed myself hard, and within a few weeks I had picked up a few keywords and phrases, you know, a kind of survival kit, a me-specific vocabulary to make my everyday life easier.



Mouth-watering words such as " dry pet food, biscuits, bowl", thrilling phrases like " let's go for a walk, let's have a cuddle ", or the magic stress-reliever " Good night, sleep tight " had no secret for me !
I still remember the ' wow ' moment I gave Perky, the very first time I could ask for the bathroom, I mean, the very first time I could make myself undertand and ask to go out to do my business.
I was just 4 months old and Perky was simply amazed.
Gee, I had never seen her so chuffed before !

Can't buy my story ? Come on, don't you remember how your mum and dad were over the moon when you got potty-trained ?
So, don't laugh at me, please !

I was motivated and my efforts were worthwile.

Now, I can count up to 3. No joking, guys, when I play " Fetch " , I can stay still till Perky shouts 3. Then, of course, I start off !

I can also tell the time.
Don't believe me ?
Well, just ask Perky,then.
She doesn't need to keep and eye on her watch. At 7.30am and 5.30pm, I turn into a kind of Velcro dog and follow her around till she realizes it is bowl-time.
I never cry, cause I have noticed that when  human babies cry for their feeding bottles, they are sometimes misunderstood and given a pacifier .


 I'm not fluent yet.
For example, when it comes to greeting guests ringing at the door, Perky says my barkings are often a mishmash of warming and warning sounds ( I guess I still have to work on my pronunciation).
You see how uber-demanding she can be !

Anyway, it's the pot calling the kettle back and I think Perky should put her own house in order, cause if you've read the post " Addictions " dated April 16, then you remember the mess she got in when she started learning Spanish. She got stuck in lesson 4 and kept repeating 
" Donde esta Pépé ? " ( Where is Pépé ?).
Since then, Pépé is still reported missing, and Perky has not made much progress in Spanish.
She has tried a new method, but when she went to her first gym session, she had to face the fact : she was still stuck !
Listen, the coach was Spanish, so an unexpected good opportunity to practice and test her knowledge !
Unfortunately, after exchanging greetings in Spanish with Carlos, Perky got tongue-tied, cause the only thing she coud have said was " un hombre come una manzana " (" a man is eating an apple" )! Difficult to fit into small talks !!
Now, you know why her first steps into the fitness world left her so low-spirited !!

Don't worry, I don't get discouraged as easily as Perky, so you will hear from me next week !




In the meantime, have fun and don't forget : BE PERKY !!










Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire