Articles les plus consultés

samedi 7 juillet 2018

DO ONE THING EVERY DAY THAT SCARES YOU




Do one thing every day that scares you.

Do you know that challenging quote by Eleanor Roosevelt?
A good  way to test our courage, gain self-confidence, self-esteem, and why not sucess in whatever we want to achieve.

Well, if you are anything like me, easier said than done!

No need to rack my brain to find scary things which make my heart skip beats.
You see, just walking alone in the garden when it is pitch dark, catching a hairy and creepy spider, or singing in public gives me the heebie-jeebies.
Want to know a secret?
Even telling my hairdresser I hate the new hairdo she has tested on me is a hair-raising experience (well, not so hair-raising, cause if it were, I wouldn't look like a " balding bird ").

Actually, I am anything but an adventurer, and I usually chicken out when it comes to spicing up my life with some daring and scary stuff.

But a while ago, fate seemed to conspire against me to corner me and strain my nerves…

Last May we visited our daughter who lives in San Francisco, and while we were there, she took us to Yosemite Park, her favourite place when she wants to escape the concrete jungle and step into the wild.



When we arrived at the Majestic Yosemite Hotel, Dearhubby didn't fail to remind me that it was the hotel which had inspired Stanley Kubrick for the interior design of his famous horror film " The Shining ".
Just a walk through the huge lounge and its gargantuan fireplaces was enough to remember some of the most spine-chilling scenes of the movie.


If you haven't seen it, I think you will get the picture if I tell you that it is based on a novel by Stephen King, the master of horror, and that when it was released, it really scared the pants off lots of people.


So, no need to tell you that, at night, once in bed, some spooky pictures of the film invaded my mind, and I had to muzzle my imagination not to scare myself with the weird noises I was, of course, the only one to hear!
I can't understand why the wooden floor creaks louder in the dark and  why the air-conditioning start whispering threatening gibberish once the lights are off!
Is it just me or is it the dark side of night?

Anyway, I managed to be brave and survive. To be honest, thanks to the earplugs i had been given on the plane.

But the worst was to come, and what I had to face the next morning is the spookiest real-life experience I have ever had, and I guess I am done with Eleanor Roosevelt and her quote " Do one thing everyday that scares you "!

Have a guess ! All your ideas are welcome on :


or on my facebook page :




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire