Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 27 juillet 2018

A DOG IDIOM STORY





Hi,




My name is Canaille. I am an English Springer Spaniel and I live in France, at the very tip of Brittany.


If you have been hanging about here long, you probably know me, cause Perky, this blog's owner, often tells you about my silly antics.



This week Perky is pretty busy outside and she has decided to let me be her spokesman.
Actually, she didn't ask me to be her spokesman, but her spokesdog, cause we both live in the dogaholic world where everydoggy is pawesome and always ready to lend a paw to a buddy in need.

But don't get me wrong. It doen't mean that using a few doggy words now and then is enough to claim you speak dog fluently.
For example, if you really want to sound like a genuine dog -lover, there are two phrases to avoid, cause they are real bones of contention between dogs and their owners.

Want to know which ones?

OK, then here is the first one :

" IT IS A DOG'S LIFE

When people say that, they mean life is hard. What a bunch of hypocrites!
Quite sure that if given the  opportunity, most dog owners would trade their lives for the life their dogs are living. Just good food, cuddles and naps. 


Well, for my part, sometimes I am on a tight schedule, and then my biggest problem is whether I should play with my red ball or the yellow one, play music with my squealy toys or beg for a treat.
But, I guess when life is not wine and roses, you would be ready to swap your life for mine, so next time you used  " it's a dog's life ", think about me!

The second phrase is by far the one I hate most!

DOGDAYS

I had never heard it till the early days of July. That's when things went wrong.
Perky was reading the weather forecast aloud and when she said that dogdays in Brittany were on, she sounded so happy that first I thought it was something like " Every dog has its day ", you know that phrase which lets us hope that sooner or later we'll be successful.

Poor me! How foolish I was! 

Actually, the  damned " dogdays  "phrase sounded the end of my carefree ooutdoor life.
Whenever I wanted to play " fetch ", have a wild race in the garden, or  go with Daddy and Perky for a car ride, Perky refused and kept repeating " No, you can't, because of dogdays! ".
I didn't know who those dogs were, but they were really getting on my nerves.



Then, one day, the kitchen door was ajar, and, as Perky was having a nap under the parasol, I managed to sneak out
Jeez! It was scorching hot, and the gravels of the alley nearly burnt my paws.
No way to frolic in the grass and sniff the news, too hot!!
When I came back home panting, Perky said " Now, you know what dogdays are! "
And to crown it all, she gave me a shower, one more time because of DOGDAYS!

So now let sleeping dog lie!


I wish you a pawesome day!







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire