Articles les plus consultés

samedi 13 novembre 2021

A BOILING HOT PUMPKIN SOUP STORY

 

                                                         

                                                         



 A few years ago, on Halloween I decided to treat my friends with a pumpkin soup baked directly inside the pumpkin.

The hardest part was to cut off its crown. Quite understandable, for as the saying goes, uneasy lies the head that wears a crown.
Afterwards, I just had to follow the instructions step by step.
The recipe was rated " as easy as ABC ", so no need to worry. Well, on second thought I hoped it would be " easier than a pie ", cause for poor cooks like me, making a pie is anything but easy!

Anyway, once my pumpkin in the oven, I could get ready for my guests quietly. 
When it was time to put my creamy soup out of the oven, I pulled the oven door, once, twice, three times in vain! It did not open!!
Suddenly I caught sight of a red light flashing on and on. 

A look at the user manual was enough to send shivers along my spine!
Jeez, instead of setting the thermostat, I had selected the self-cleaning function, which meant the oven was locked for one hour!!

I had to face the facts : the situation was serious. No kidding, I was in the soup!!

No time to wallow in self-pity, my guests were ringing at the door.
The sound reminded me of the title of a novel by Hemingway " For whom the bell tolls ".

I opened the door, and said :

" Welcome to our Halloween party. Why not start with a trick? I have ruined the first course. Now for the treats, don't be scared, the main course and the dessert aren't home-made! "


The tone was set, and in spite of the poor pumpkin turning into Joan of Arc in the oven, we had fun.

That's all for today, my sweet pumpkins!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire