Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 8 février 2019

FLIPPING FRENCH CRÊPES WITHOUT FLIPPING OUT...








In France, on February 2nd we make "crêpes" (kind of thin pancakes), and the sweet tooth I am never fails to celebrate.
Unfortunately, this year flipping my yummy treats has nearly turned into a flop, and all that because Canaille, my English Springer Spaniel, wanted to lend a hand (actually a paw), and honour his breed!

English Springer Spaniels are absolutely fabulous cuddle-makers, first class ball boys, skyrocketing jumpers, and, above all, great food reviewers, and that's where the shoe sometimes pinches...

Let me walk you through.

When it comes to food, Canaille can understand quite a few words, so not to whet his appetite (already pretty healthy) and make his mouth water (I should say " drool " ), there are words such as " spaghetti, chicken and crêpes " that we never pronounce, but only spell.




Unfortunately last Saturday I was so excited to celebrate " Crêpes Day " that I forgot our secret language, and blurted out : " Let's have crêpes for lunch".
Too late to back-pedal !!
I had pushed the zany Springer trigger, and Canaille was already dancing the yum-yum dance!!

No need to tell you that preparing the batter with an uber-peckish doggy lying on my feet and woofing his over-the-top agreement every two minutes was far from being a piece of cake, let alone a piece of pancake (sorry,for that pun, but too stupid not to share).





Flipping the crêpes with the best " fetch the ball " player beside me turned into a kind of juggle show with Canaille in the spotlight and me in the supporting role!
Each time I tried to flip a crêpe, he jumped up as high as he can, and I could hear his top chef's voice saying :

" Practice makes perfect, when flipping crêpes. If you break one, pop it into my mouth, and move on to the next! ".

Actually I didn't manage to flip a lot of crêpes, but Pancake Day 2019 falls on Tuesday March 5th, so a second chance to improve my toss, as long as Canaille doesn't go flipping mad...

Want to have a go and taste French crêpes? Here is a link to treat your tastebuds :



Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire