Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 24 avril 2020

ENGLISH IDIOMS PROVE TRUE

Hi, my name is Samy. I am a very young dog and today I'll tell you a story about English idioms.

I remember last time I indulged myself with a pack of toffees Perky (my mum) had left on her desk, I was awfully sick (and sticky, as well). 






Perky had just mopped the kitchen floor, so, not to ruin her hard work, I rushed to the living-room and threw up on the carpet, and you know what!

When she saw her toffee-coated carpet, she said she was sick!
Poor girl!
Couldn't be  because of the toffees, cause I had gobbled all of them, wrapping papers included!
So, what was she sick of?

Then, when I saw the way she frowned at me, it dawned on me that she was sick of me! 
Yes, guys, sick of ME,the most affectionate and devoted friend she's ever had!! What a blow!

Up to now that's the only time I have had a bone to pick with Perky and that's how I understood the real meaning of the idiom "A dog's life".

Of course, there must be other idioms that prove true, but I am too dog tired to keep writing, so let the sleeping dog lie.

Have a pawesome day!

Your cuddly Samy.





* For non-dog speaking readers, "my paw" means "my foot".


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire