Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 11 mai 2018

HELP! SPRING BUGS BUG ME!





In France, at last Spring has settled down! 
Everything is blooming, the birds are chirping all around, and the weather is getting much milder, so all's for the best, in the best of all possible worlds?

Not really , cause as surprising as it may seem, sometimes Spring bugs me!
You know why?
Because all the hibernating animals wake up, and that's when things go wrong for the scaredy-cat I am.





Yes, guys, any Spring bug crawling or flying around drives me nuts.




Hairy spiders hanging on their webs give me the heebie-jeebies, mosquitoes buzzing in my ears freak me out, and pesky ants colonizing my kitchen make me cringe.









You get the picture? OK, but the worst is to come...

I had never thought that Spring could make me lose my head, but believe me or not, last week I nearly went haywire!

After pulling out the weeds around the fruit trees, I had a shower and curled up on the sofa for a comfy break.
Short-lived quietness!! 
Suddenly my head started itching. I scratched it, but the more I scratched, the more it itched!





Suddenly the word " LICE " flashed across my mind.
My hair stood on end! 
Yuk! Lice laying eggs on my scalp!
Sure there was a price on my head!
What to do then?

Three hours later, when Dearhubby came back home, I urged him to check my scalp. He did it and said " Nothing to declare. Move along ".
" But it itches awfully ", I replied.
Then he smiled and told me : " I guess you didn't put a hat while working under the trees, so don't be surprised that chiggers have decided to build a road network on your head ".

Gosh, chiggers!!
I spent the night in the leading part of  " Chigger Attack ", the scary movie to come out soon.




The next morning  I was nothing but red raised bumps, pimples and blisters!

I rushed to the chemist's, and thanks to her precious advice (lavender essential oïl) the itching invaders packed up to more hospitable countries.

What do you think?
I shouldn't make a mountain out of a molehill, and  just enjoy Spring perks?




Right you are, but unfortunately moles also have decided to bug me!
Do you know how to get rid of those tireless underground diggers?

Thanks in advance for all your tips and tricks!

I hope my misfortune will make 








Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire