Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 22 juin 2018

DO DOGS ENJOY WATCHING TV?







Do dogs enjoy watching TV?

A lot of dog owners claim their pooch watches television, but does it mean they really enjoy it?

One thing is clear : not as much as humans do.
Come on, it's a no-brainer! I've had quite a few dogs, and none of them has ever spent hours glued to the gogglebox!
Even better, whenever I have suffered from binge-watching (due to my subscription to Netflix), they have always done their best to help me go cold turkey. How?

. By pacing up and down the screen to blur the pictures.
. By squeezing their squeakiest toy to cover the sound.
. By jumping onto my lap to make a nose-to-nose cuddle and hide the 
  screen.


. By barking their favourite tune (" Stop watching that junk, come back 
  to the real world, and let's go for a walk ") till I turn off the box.

So, I guess I can say that none of my dogs has ever shown any interest in telly. Quite the contrary! Once, one of them got so bored with it that he risked life and limb and chewed on the remote!




Should I have taken out a subscription to DogTV (https://www.dogtv.com)?



Hey, come on, I want to keep my dogs healthy and peppy!

Yet, some time ago, Canaille, my English Springer Spaniel, had to strive not to turn into a couch potato…
Let me walk you through.

I don't play tennis, but I enjoy watching it, so last May during Roland Garros, the French Open tennis tournament, I never missed a match and ...neither did Canaille.
The sound of the ball drove him crazy.
I guess he didn't really catch the rules of that new " Fetch the ball " game, but he did his best to be the ball boy.
Every time the ball hit the ground, he ran around, panting and wearing himself out. In vain! The ball was nowhere to be found!!
And yet, all throughout the tournament, he never gave up.
But, after all, as Pierre de Coubertin said " The important thing in life is not to triumph but to participate ".

Since then, he doesn't care about TV anymore, and prefers a good 
" Fetch the ball " game in the open air.
Is he training for Roland Garros 2019? Who knows…
Anyway, don't tell him the Football World Cup is going on, he could get addicted!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire