Articles les plus consultés

mercredi 27 septembre 2017

HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT PAIR OF SHOES







Hi Ladies,

Sorry, guys, but for once, here is a post dedicated to girls about to buy a new pair of shoes.

First off, ladies, if you live in a part of the world that experiences four seasons, this is the time of the year when you're switching out your warm weather clothes for cold weather ones (or the other way round if you live in the southern hemisphere).

Here in France, no need to look at the calendar to know  Fall is really on.
The leaves are bursting into colours, the air is growing crisper, and the days are getting shorter.

So, it's high time to bid farewell to flip-flops, sandals or any canvas shoes.
Shoe shops are crammed with so many trendy shoes that if you let yourself go, it will make your bank account palpitate !
Loafers, flats, ankle, mid-calf or over the knee boots, and of course the classical pumps, there's something for everyone !
The only problem is choosing.
Well, for most of the girls I know, but not for me...

I'm a perennnial " flat wearer ".
Quite sure a fashionable pair of high heels would give me a taller and more slender appearance, and make my legs look thinner and more shapely, but would definitely make me look my balance and my sanity,as well.
Heels look great and stylish, but I have to face the facts : my feet can't bear them !

Last time I tried to wear some for an evening party, after a mere hour, my back, hips, knees, calves and ankles were crying for mercy so loudly that I was afraid the other guests could hear their lament.
No way to rack my brain to find new ice-breakers to keep our small talk going. It was dying out, but the blabbermouth I am, didn't care.
My mind was just focused on how to sway with style and grace while my toes were riding on one another painfully and flying the red flag of an impending blister.
As an awkward silence was settling in, all the casual topics I had mastered for long seemed to vanish into thin air. 
Jump-starting the conversation again was the least of my worries. 
No kidding, my only concern was to free my feet from those damned torturous shoes and let my toes chill out in comfy slippers, or even spread their aching tips on the floor.



Sure, they deserved such a reward, cause I had been perched up on them for nearly two hours, and if I didn't give them what they demanded, they would certainly play a low-down trick on me, and drop me (literally and figuratively, as well) !

What I needed was to find a fake excuse to leave the sinking conversation, and rush to the restroom to give my whole body a long-awaited lull.

Unfortunately, I was not out of the woods...

Just when I was about to slip away from the group of guests I was trying to make small talk with, the music started playing, and Dearhubby who was not far away, came back and asked me for a dance.

After a few steps, I was clinging to him so tightly, that he stopped and said :

" Hey,Perky, what's going on ? Are you tipsy, or what ? Why can't you keep the beat ? You've been treading on my feet, and, believe me,  your pumps are real killers ".

" If you were in my shoes ", I answered with a mirthless smile, " you would know they are real killers. I've not been wearing them, but bearing them (one letter can make a difference) since we left home, and now my feet are killing me ! ".

" That's where the shoes pinches ", he replied mockingly.

No need to tell you that I spent the rest of the party shuffling along, and once back home I soaked my poor feet into a warm bath, soothened them with some lavender oil drops (very efficient when your feet are aching), and I promised them that I would never hurt them any more.






So, believe me or not, from now on, whatever the party I am invited to, I'll favour comfort and wear flat shoes.
According to the article below , I won't be out of step.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/9-famous-women-wore-flats-slideshow-wp-141332352.html





Hope this week post will help you get through your ' buying new shoes' journey and prevent you from succumbing to the dizzy heights of pumps !

Photos of your favourite shoes are welcomed on :


perkybusybee@gmail.com




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire