Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 24 août 2018

HOW MY DOG GOT SQUEAKY-CLEAN TEETH







Sorry for posting a short text this week, but once you have read it, I guess you will forgive me.
To be honest, I have not yet regained my composure, and I hope my story won't be too incoherent.

Last week when I told you about my dog's love for squeaky toys and how he sometimes uses them to put shame on me, I was far from imagining that his addiction would send him to the emergency vet, and yet…

Two days ago Canaille was playing with a new squeaky toy in the garden, and everything was going smoothly. I mean, usually Canaille enjoys getting the audience feeback when he is playing the squeak, but, for once he had decided he could do without his regular fan club, Dearhubby and me.

So, the concert of woof woof and squeak squeak was going on  and the " band " was playing louder and louder when suddenly everything went silent. Then I knew that one more time Canaille had torn to pieces his squeaky toy.
He came back home, panting and puffing, and that's when I noticed that each time he uttered a sigh of satisfaction, I could hear a muffled squeak, and not the tiniest bit of the " prey " to be seen!

Jeez! Had Canaille swallowed the squeaker?
The best way to check was to give him his food bowl to see if he would gulp it down as usual.
He rushed to it, but a split second later he turned up his nose at it with a heart-breaking sqeaky sound!

Things couln't be worse. Quite sure the squeaker was stuck in his throat or on its way to his stomach where it would cause havoc!

Time was short!!

Canaille's  squeaky pantings gave a gruesome tempo to our journey to the emergency vet where he was immediately x-rayed.

No squeaker, and yet the same awful sound each time Canaille opened his mouth.
His mouth!!! 
The vet looked inside and caught sight of the squeaker stuck between our dog's right rear molars.




Canaille was certainly feeling rather uncomfortable, cause he didn't try to jump off the examination table, and kept quiet while the vet was taking out " the squeaky culprit ".

Phew, more frightened than hurt, but now suspicious about any noisy toy!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire