Articles les plus consultés

jeudi 20 décembre 2018

UNUSUAL WISHLIST





Not much time this week to post a short story, so here is Canaille's special request to Santa Claus.




Dear Santa,

My name is Canaille.

 I'm an English Springer Spaniel, and Mum says I do justice to my breed, cause I often behave like a cheeky monkey. (Quite normal, cause that's the translation of my name in English).

Yet, last September I turned 11 and now I have a good head on my shoulders. So, every day, to make up for my silly antics, I help Mum and  Dad with household chores. I'm not sure they realize how helpful I am, but never mind.



I know you are a busy guy, so I won't be demanding.
No need to move heaven and earth to bring me a magical key to open the treats drawer. There is one and only key and it belongs to Daddy.
And anyway, it's of no use any more, cause now that damned drawer is empty.
Yes, dear Santa, as empty as my stomach!



Have I been on a binge eating? Nope, and that's why I am rather keyed up, cause that "food crisis" is none of my doing!

Who's responsible, then? The vet, dear Santa!
Last time Mum took me to his place, he asked me to climb onto the weighing scales and I obeyed,  cause I am a good boy.
His gasps made me think he was calling for an encore, so I climbed onto the scales again. 
That's when the judge, oops sorry, I mean the vet, sentenced me to a 
 no-treat month! Can you imagine that, dear Santa, thirty days without the least sweet to enjoy!
And the worst of it is that Mum agreed. I guess she is under the vet's thumb, poor girl!

So, this year, dear Santa, just one thing on my wishlist :

Could you put  new weighing scales under the tree of the vet's surgery, cause you see, even one of the vet's  patient agreed with me, the scales must be broken!



I will be asleep when you visit on Christmas Eve, so please say hello to the reindeers.
By the way, thank you for the comfy basket you gave me last year.When I curl up in it, I make sweet dreams!



And Merry Christmas to my Mum's readers!







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire