Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 25 janvier 2019

WAVES OF HAPPINESS








Making a fool of yourself can make you happier.
You don't believe me?
Well, just take a few minutes to read this week's story and you'll see it's true.

It is a short story of the early days of my blog, but at the time it got so many views, likes and comments that I can't help publishing it again, so here it is.

I met my husband-to-be in Brittany and the very first time he offered to take me for a sea-excursion on his sailing boat, I accepted immediately. Just the two of us riding the ocean, how romantic and lovely!
I was on cloud nine!
Unfortunately I had to get my head out of the clouds (cloud nine included) rather quickly…

Me, the Pirate Queen? No way!
I was just a poor landlubber.
The offshore murky waters, the Breton choppy sea and the threatening lines of white foam around the boat quickly turned my idyllic cruise into a real pain.

 My boyfriend said  he felt sorry for me and that we would sail back to the haven.
He started turning away from the wind and that's when  I made a fool of myself.

The boat started leaning a lot (quite normal during such a manœuvre, but frightening for a budding sailor like me).
I thought we were about to capsize and...I jumped overboard and started swimming.

I couldn't see the seashore in the far distance, but never mind, I was a pretty good swimmer.
When I slowed down to catch my breath, I could hear my boyfriend shouting :

" Come on, don't panic, get back onboard! ".
" No way! ", I yelled out of breath, " I'll swim all the way back to the     
   haven! ".
" OK, then ", he replied, " but listen, Christopher Columbus, if I were 
   you, I would swim the other way round, cause right now you're 
   heading to America! ".

Then, he steered the boat towards me and fished me out.

I was relieved and happy, but when he told me I was the most beautiful catch I had ever had, I realized that sometimes making a fool of oneself can make you happier, so sweep away shame and enjoy life!


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire