Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 15 juin 2018

ARE YOU READY TO TAKE A DOG?






As a dogaholic, of course I often gush about how awesome it is to share my life with Canaille and Ulysse,my twodogs.
But if you were about to get a dog, I would advise you to read my post before stepping into the funny-furry dogs'world…

Jolux, the first dog I got, melted my heart and pawed away my fear of dogs in a split second! He was the cutest cocker I had ever met.



Although he had an aristocratic name ( du Roquevent),he was none the better-mannered!
Teaching him to do his business outside took me quite a while. You get the picture : bye-bye my polished wooden floor, my clean carpets and the spick and span kitchen tiles. In those days, stain remover manufacturers must have trippled their sales thanks to my " leaky puppy ".



Yet, that was not the worst…

Telling him not to do a puppystyle housework, while I was away, was useless.
He was just willing to help.
So, every day on my way back home I always wondered what he would have been working on.

One day he was a hard-working shoe-maker and turned my brand new shoes into flip-flops. At the time, flip-flops were not trendy, and anyway, walking nearly bare foot  was out of question.

Another day, he was my private secretary, checked the mail, and then shredded it conscientiously. It took me a while and a lot of patience to put his makeshift puzzle together, but when I realized it was the notification to attend my end of the year exam, no need to tell you that I nearly blew a gasket!

His unbounded imagination turned my life into a kind of scary scenic railway : discovering his presence on a cushion explosion scene made me boil over whereas his non-guilty pleading eyes cooled me down.
So, scoldings and cuddles were our lot, but to be honest,his naughtyness was beggining to make me go nuts.

Then, one day, a friend of mine offered to come to my place to see what she could do with my little rascal. 
Her boyfriend was a dog-breeder, so she could show me some tips and tricks to turn Jolux into a puppy as good as gold.
Sure,some waves of her magic wand would blow away the malevolent spirits haunting my poor dog. You see, a kind of remake of " The Exorcist ".
Perhaps, my expectations were a bit too high…


Once on the landing of my flat, I couldn't open the door, and Jolux inside was whinning as if frightened.
Jeez!! Sure there were burglars in and a hostage taking was on its way!
It was high time to call for a locksmith.
Forty-five mintes later our " saver " turned up and managed a successful " open sesame ".
Jolux, my little odd jobber, to get rid of the corridor fitted carpet, had rolled it in front of the entrance door, and had ended up squeezed under it!
My friend just uttered a " Hello buddy, everything's gonna be allright now, Mummy is back! ".
And before I could tell Jolux off, she was holding him tight in her arms and whispering sweet nothings in his ears!!

That's how I understood dogs have an inner Casanova ready to spring out and pick you up as soon as you give them a glance.




So, before homing a dog, make sure you are brave and cool enough to dive into the hurly-burly of a life full of emotion for better or for worse!





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire