Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 31 août 2018

HELP, BIRDS ARE IN DANGER!




Do you know that squeegees are a real threat to environment?

Sorry for such a spooky way to start this week's story, but prevention is better than cure.

Whether you are a truly perfect homemaker or an awfully poor one, when it comes to cleaning the windows, I guess most of you often complain about all the streaks left once the job done.




Well, you know what? 
You should be happy, cause even if those pesky streakings blur your vision, crystal clear windows are a deadly threat to environment!

Let me give you an example, and then next time you clean your windows, you will think twice before exhausting your elbow grease…

A few days ago, after watching for the umpteenth time a tuto about how to clean the windows like a pro, I decided to invest in a good quality squeegee and to follow the metho step by step.



Quite a few strokes later,  the " haze " cleared up, I mean I could see through the windows as if there were none.
And that's the snag…

A poor bird didn't see one of our picture windows and banged its head against it! Knocked-out!!

Jeez, my first aid certificate was of no use, cause during the course I had learnt how to give mouth-to-mouth, but not mouth-to-beak!
As my squeegee victim was nodding its head slightly, I decided to take it under my wing (bad pun, but I couldn't resist).
I sprayed some water on its beak, put some itty-bitty crumbs before it, and then put it on one pillar of the terrace, cause I thought it would be a perfect tarmac.

Half-an-hour later my survivor flapped its wings and flew away, more shaken than hurt.

A little bird told me that now that you have read my story, next time you clean the windows, you won't bother if they aren't streak-free, cause I'm sure you feel concerned about birds preservation!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire