Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 9 novembre 2018

THINK BEFORE YOU SPEAK





This week just a short post to ask you for help.
I am not used to, but last Saturday I made such a fool of myself that I really need all your tips to clear my image.

There was a lecture about the harmful effects of chemical pesticides on environment and health, and I decided to attend it.

At the end of the lecture, questions were encouraged from the audience, and that's when I made a fool of myself.
The man sitting next to me asked if there were really efficient alternative methods to gardening without pesticides.
I could have kept quiet and listened to the answers, but no way to expect such a wise behaviour from the incorrigible chatter-box I am!

I raised my arm and said :

" I've been told that spreading human hair around trunks and bushes keeps pests and bugs away ".

There was an awkward silence,  and then, a huge roar of laughter.
All eyes were on me and on the man who had asked the question.
I glanced at him…

Jeez!! He was as bald as an egg!!

Before I could apologize for my blunder, he replied without turning a hair (of course!) :

" I know that trick, but unfortunately, as you can see,  I have run out of stock ".

After such a hair-raising blunder, the only thing I wanted to do was to take a French leave, and that's what I did.

Next week there is a lecture in the same place about " how to kill weeds without killing your garden ". I'd like to attend it, but I'm quite sure to meet my bald victim there, so what should I do to clear my image?

Think twice before speaking? 
That's what my mum kept harping on when I was a child. I should have learned that valuable Lesson, but years after I'm still too talkative.
By the way, that must be the reason why Dearhubby enjoys so much when I blog ...Poor guy, that's the only moment he can hear the sound of silence!

Anyway, I'm expecting your tips to help me get out of that jam!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire