Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 17 mai 2019

A GOOD LIFE MOTTO






Hello everydoggy,

My name is Canaille. I am an English Springer Spaniel and Perky,this blog's owner, is my mum.

Today a short story to show you that whatever happens, you can always look on the bright side.

A while ago Perky took me to the vet because my eye was red and teary, and that naughty guy wrapped my head with an awful plastic stuff. 
It looked like a sattelite dish but it  must not work, cause it doesn't catch any tv channels. No way to watch the latest episode of  my favourite series "Game of Bones".

On our way back home we met a friend of Perky's and she said that it looked like as if I had a lampshade around my head. 
Did she mean I had a light-bulb shaped face? How cheeky of her!
Anyway, it couldn't be lampshade, cause it didn't light my way. Quite the contrary! I kept bumping into everything!

So you see, I had every reason to complain and make the saying "It's a dog's life" my life motto.
But I am not that kind of guy. English Springer Spaniels are wired for happiness and whatever happens, I always make credit to my breed.



Wearing that "cone of shame" meant getting eye drops 5 times a day and that was the bright side…

On the very first day of the treatment, I immediately showed Perky that putting drops into my eye would be a tough job.
Whatever sweet nonsense she cooed into my ears, I kept moving my head and blinking. So all the eye drops fell on the floor.
You see, Perky is sometimes a bit slow on the uptake, but when she realized I was winking at the fridge, she had a light bulb moment!
She took the cheddar cheese , my favourite, out of the fridge and  put it on the worktop.
Of course, I stared at that yummy treat with my eyes wide open, et voilà, in no time the drops were in my eyes and a bit of cheddar cheese in my mouth.
Lucky me, the prescription is : 2 drops in the right eye five times a day!

That's why my life motto is " When life gives you lemons, make lemonade".

What about you? Are you wired for happiness? What is your life motto?





Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire