Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 7 décembre 2018

HOW THE WORD OF MOUTH BOOSTED MY BLOG




Some years ago when I started my blog, my relatives and my friends were my only readers. I was a newbie in the blogosphere and I didn't know how to boost my blog traffic.

Fortunately one year later, thanks to my early "supporters" and their enthusiastic and efficient word of mouth, a journalist of the local newspaper heard about me and came to my place to interview me. 
She wanted to know who was that French girl hiding under the pseudo of "Dany the Perky Busy Bee" and blogging from the very tip of Brittany.

When she arrived, she was white as a ghost, and, just for fun, I was about to ask her if she was a ghost writer, but she looked so pale that I thought my joke wouldn't be a good icebreaker.
She apologized for being out of breath, and told me she was feeling dizzy and sweaty because she had been cycling all the long steep road to my place.
I offered a seat and a cup of tea, but she refused and said that the only thing she needed when she was feeling that way was to lie down on a cold surface and close her eyes for a while.
Then, before I could say Jack Robinson, there she was, lying on the tiled entrance floor, and thats' when the doorbell rang!

When I opened the door, the postman's smile froze in a wink. He stared at me and at the journalist lying on the floor as if he was on a crime scene.
No way to count on him for further investigation, cause he dropped my parcel and hurried away.
Had he read too many detective novels and was he scared of suffering the same fate as embarrassing witnesses? Did he spread the word about a weird blogger living in the town?

I really don't know, but who profited that fake crime?
You and me, cause the journalist recovered and thanks to her sweet words about my blog in the local paper and perhaps thanks also to the poor postman,  nearly four years later I'm still on line and sharing my adventures with all of you!

So,  for tuning in to my blog every week :







Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire