Articles les plus consultés

vendredi 29 mars 2019

AGE IS JUST A NUMBER





Hi everydoggy,







Do you remember me? 
My name is Canaille, I'm an eleven-year-old dog, and Perky, this blog's owner, is my mum.

Some weeks are just plain harder than others and that's what last week was like for me.
I went to the vet for a vaccine and you know what?
Perky told him a lot of naughty things about me.
She said I was getting a bit hard of hearing, napping all day long, and only interested in eating!

I was expecting my so-called devoted doctor to stand by me, but that was  wishful thinking!!
That silly guy replied that there was nothing to worry about, just normal aging!

So since then I have been doing my best to prove Perky that age doesn't matter as long as you are young in spirit.
Well, behaving like a puppy was no picnic, but as the saying goes, where there is a will there is a way!
Here are my best silly antics :

I have hidden one of Perky's slippers in the grass.  As that poor girl has no flair, she has not found it, and Daddy's lawnmower has torn it to pieces. Too bad!

I have knocked over the trash bin to recycle the sweet wrappers in my own way. They were delicious to chew but hard to digest. Not to ruin my comfy basket, I had to vomit on the carpet.

Unfortunately all my efforts to behave like a puppy turned out to be vain.
Yesterday Perky took me to the groomer and the aging issue came up again!
She told the groomer to pay attention cause my back was a bit stiff due to my age!!
That was the last straw!
Jeez, what could I do to prove her once and for all that I was still a young fellow?

Well, once out of the groomer's, I jumped into a muddy puddle in a puppy way.
Poor me! A total failure!
Perky looked at Daddy and said that sometimes old dogs go through a second puppyhood!! *

I love Perky to the moon and back, but that girl is sometimes numb, and I am running short of ideas to prove her that age doesn't matter.
So, all your ideas are welcome!


You can find me on my Facebook page :

https://www.facebook.com/Short-Stories-for-English-learners...

* For those who are not fluent in dog language, puppyhood means childhood.













Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire